About Us

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Lets see, we like camping, hiking, and being outdoors in general. I like taking photos (most of the time). We have one little girl Paige, and Ben is in school and works. Right know I'm home with Paige which is fun. Family photo taken by my friend Heidi Lee.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Our Family Garden!

Ben's parents have been so kind to let us have our own garden space in there back yard, I have been wanting to have a garden for a long time my mom always has had a garden and I have missed that living hear in Vegas I've been in apartments for 10 1/2 years now and counting its getting really daunting so this is a nice break for me and Paige to get out of the apartment and go outside and water our plants and enjoy our bounty! I forgot to take photos of our artichoke plants sorry we just planted our sprouts but there starting to grow. I hope this helps anyone that would like have a garden hear in Las Vegas but thought you can't grow anything hear in Vegas. There are lot of places to get information about our growing season's there are different then most we have a spring and a fall season but you can have a winter garden if you do it like Ben and I.
 
 
This is a full view of our Family Garden we just added three new plots this year the first three that you see. the one on the right side with hoops on it is Ben's and mine winter plot we cover it with plastic and we have had greens all winter. And we need to by shad cloth for the summer. The first deep plot we just planted new gold potato's and more carrots.

   


This is a photo of our Red and White onion plants I hope they do a lot better then last years so fare they are looking really great!
 


This carrot was picked Saturday from our winter garden it took them along time to grow but they are really long and taste amazing!
 


The big green plants is our Kale man does this grow like a weed! We have been eating on this for ever it never dies maybe when it gets hot. Next to it is our new sprouts for roman and spinach.
 


Our Garlic plants
 


This is our carrots and strawberries and romaine lettuce
 

6 comments:

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

Trina that is absolutely wonderful. I am so impressed with all your provident living skills. You always amaze me. You should teach me a thing or two!

Sonja said...

I love your garden! :o) The ward will be coming to you in case of an emergency!

Ben and Trina said...

Oh thanks Tiffany I will try to help you with whatever you would like. I do have to say I'm not the best gardener, but we are getting better and learning a lot of thing.
I think thats the point of provident living. We can learn thoses skills so that if we need to live that way we already know how.

Lucy Bowman said...

Wow Trina! Your garden looks awesome!!!

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

Sweet garden! I have killed EVERY plant that has EVER entered our house, so I'm not so sure we'll be very successful gardeners... :)