This is our last day on our Family we decided to go explore Genoa a small Mormon settled town this is what we did.
We paid $1.00 to get in this little cabin to see all this really old great stuff and read about the history of the town. I know were dorks but we had lots of fun!
This Piano was halled all the way for back east its so pretty I wanted to take it home with me. We learned about the first Women Dr. in Nevada or in that town at least.
This is a Butter Churn I really want one of these for my house and I do want to use it as well! I like to have old decor like that but it also has to have a purpose for encase of an emergency. Do I sound crazy?
This is an old mouse trap that I thought was way cool I wish they still made these!
Ben reading about the pony express and how it was replaced by the railroads. if you notice this horse looking thing in the front my grandpa gave one to my brother Cody it is for working leather.
I thought this was fun they were selling a copy for a dollar, but the tips are really fun if you cant read it click on the photo to make it bigger its worth reading.
Paige and Ben looking a the wagons they are really narrow was cool to look at though.
I just had to take photos of how green it was and the old trees it was just so pretty and GREEN! The north part of NV is a lot different then the south.
Old fruit trees that were planted by the Mormons they are still alive and kicking.
This little guy was on Ben's shirt I think he thought Ben was a tree.
This is The Genoa Court House its a Museum now we didn't go in maybe next time.
We went for a walk around the town people were having weddings every were I guess its a big place to get married at they have small old church or garden weddings. We played at a Park and then got ice cream it was really expensive but it was a fun thing to do with Paige she loved it!
Then we took a drive around the rest of town because i saw this house over the fence at the museum and really wanted to see it. We think all the house have to look like this old Victorian I was in love!
We headed back to explore Carson and got lost trying to find the Goveners Mansion, but found a waterfall one of my favorite things in the whole world.
We meet a older man walking his dog how had lived in las vegas his whole life and then move his family to Carson city. This dog was Huge I mean Huge! Paige was not sure she like him.
It was a fun little hick not hard at all
and our reward was grate! To bad kids like to come up hear and spray paint.
Paige loved it and so did we.
It was a good ending to our day






















No comments:
Post a Comment