About Us

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Lets see, we like camping, hiking, and being outdoors in general. I like taking photos (most of the time). We have one little girl Paige, and Ben is in school and works. Right know I'm home with Paige which is fun. Family photo taken by my friend Heidi Lee.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Our Summer Vactation to WY 2010

OK I have been putting this one off because there is so much that we did while in WY I have just been over whelmed just thinking of writing it all down. So Hear I go! This is our first real vacation we have taken since Paige was born so we were ready to get out and explore and fall for tourist traps & hick; we did! We bought cowboy hats in Cody WY which was lots of fun, we went to a photo gallery of a local photographer husband and wife team their photos were amazing! We Hiked to medican wheel mountain I think that's what its called its a very spiritual place for the native Americans. I'm always fascinated with the Native American because my mom in 1/16th Navajo Paiute and that makes me 1/32 not much but I have some in me. If you have ever read the book To Soar With The Eagle it is about my family will from my mom side. After that We stopped at a camp ground and had our lunch there is a few photo's of Paige sinking her teeth into some elk sausage it so good I can't waite to go back and buy some more! We spent time at the Hopkin Family farm and we went to a small town kind of like Alamo so to fare from Powlle to watch fire works and man did they put on a show I love it it we almost had front row sites no the grass it was to loud that my body was shaking Paige was a champ she slept threw almost all of it till the grand finally it was crazy loud then no one could sleep threw that all in all it was a great summer trip the only down part of it before I left on vacation my brother could got really sick and was in the hospital and they didn't know what was wrong with him when we left so I was on my phone a lot and texting Lucy his wife to see what the new update was. He was told he had MS but then went to a neurologist the went over he's paper work and it said they suspect he has MS to make a long story short he is all better now he has all of his movement back in the left side of his body! OH and while we went fishing as a family Ben's dad appendix and burst and he didn't know it at the time he was just in a lot of pain so he insisted on taking the kids fishing but he couldn't do anything he just lade on the seat of his truck in pain. So we finally talked him into go to the emergency room the next day and they said if he would have waited on more day he would have died! It was a very eventful summer I hope you  enjoy the photos and the little captions!

Our fist Stetson hats we bought in Cody WY.


Playing at the park in Cody WY.

Paige helping clean up the nuts that spilled the we put in a feeder so we can watch the squeal's eat them in Great Grandma Wharton's back yard. Powlle WY


Paige playing with Conner her cousin Tyler and Rachel's kid and Ben's Aunt Carrie we love you guys cant waite to go back this summer.


Ben pushing Paige on our walk to medican wheel, their is still snow in July!


OH what a view but would not like to be hear in the winter!


Medicine Wheel at Big Horn Mt WY


Paige and Ben enjoying the views you can see for ever up there.



Paige and Ben (she is so cute!) having fun on our little lunch by the river at a camp ground in the Big Horn Mt


Every time I look at these photos it makes me think why do I live in Las Vegas? It's so pretty.


My fat baby oh so cute


Paige devouring our Elk sausage she was loving it!


Ben Fishing I was a good wife and let hem fish for a few hours while Paige and I got Eaton alive from mosquito's but it was a really pretty view.


Paige playing in the river She got all wet so I had to put her in her swimming suite later I should have done that first oh well


Oh my little cow girl! wearing Mommy's new hat.


Swinging with daddy out at Grandpa Hopkin farm


Ben got to dive this and was having so much fun he really want to be a farmer :)


Paige having fun in the tracker


The Hopkin Family Farm I love this view


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like home Trina! Oh wait, it IS my home!!!! I love Lovell too and the Medicine Wheel. My dad used to clean all of the camp grounds on the Big Horn Mtn. So needless to say, I've been able to enjoy that view a lot. That is why I get homesick sometimes! And yes, it is really cold and snowing in the winter. That is why I'm down here!!!! Beautiful pictures. Now you have made me homesick again. See ya up there this summer!

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

It's SO weird to see those pics and think "Hey! I've been there!" :) You'll have to let us know when you're up there each summer, because we'll probably over-lap at some point!

PS We always joke the Mosquito is the state bird :) They are SO stinking huge and there are SO many!