
OK Everyone I have had this copykat recipe sitting in my file's on my computer for years and I have been really wanting to try it. So about two weeks or so ago Ben and I made it! Oh this recipe is really close to Olive Gardens so much that we have made it twice in one month. We made it this last weekend for my brother Cody and his wife Lucy they loved it! I hope you try it and love it to. We made a few changes from the original recipe that I got off copykat.com so I guess we kind of made it our own.
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
(Ben & I made changes to this recipe to make it our own)
Makes
8
1 tsp. Fennel Seeds
1 1/2 C. spicy sausage links(about 2 links) Take out of casing and brown with the onion’s & bacon
5 medium potatoes, cut in half lengthwise, and then cut into 1/4" slices
3/4 C. onions, diced
6 slices bacon, diced
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
2 C. kale leaves, cut in half, then slice into big chunks
2 T. chicken base
2 qt’s. water
1/3 C. heavy whipping cream
Methods/steps.
Place onions, bacon & Sausage in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear. Add garlic to the onions and cook an additional 1-minute. Add chicken base, water, and potatoes, simmer 15 minutes. Add kale and cream. Simmer 4 minutes and serve.
Be sure to use a very large pan, because a medium size will not hold everything. Use a good size stew pot.

2 comments:
OHHH Thank you!!! I can't wait to try it!
Yummy! I will definitely be giving that recipe a try. Thank-you!
Post a Comment