About Us

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Lets see, we like camping, hiking, and being outdoors in general. I like taking photos (most of the time). We have one little girl Paige, and Ben is in school and works. Right know I'm home with Paige which is fun. Family photo taken by my friend Heidi Lee.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let It Snow ... Let It Snow... Let It Snow...!


What a day we had yesterday here in Las Vegas, I have never seen so much snow fall at one time in my hole life of living hear in Nevada. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!! about 11:45 in the morning it started to snow, I was no my way to pick up Spencer ( one of the kid's I nanny) from Pre School and I don't think it stopped snowing till after Ben and I went to bed at 11:00 PM. I took some photos of the the snow with my phone while I was at work so sorry they are not that good but they work.

I had to drive pretty slow no my way home, but it was worth it. To see the white snow cover everything in Las Vegas was quite a site, I laughing to myself saying this in not Las Vegas maybe UT or WY but not hear. Ben & I had tithing settlement at 7:20 PM so we got to go out into the weather and enjoy the snow while it lasted. We had trees in our Apartment complex braking because of all the weight from the snow that had fallen on then, the poor things they were not meant to have so much snow on them.

When we got to the church Ben had to spin a few donuts in the parking lot and when we left, we decide to take a drive and look at the Christmas lights that look so out of place most of the time hear (because it never look like winter hear) they looked so pretty with all the new white snow it made them stand out and really shine! I loved it!

I had at about 4 inches of snow on my car before I went home from work. This is Erik the family that I work for helping me get all the snow off my car.
The sad thing is snow does not last long here by this morning it was melting and has been all day.

4 comments:

Angela said...

It has been snowing up here off and on for the last couple of days. I love it and my kids are really loving it. I hope it keeps up through Christmas!

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

I can't believe you guys got so much snow! Crazy storms.... we just got 12 inches yesterday and I was wishing I lived a little further south ;) What's funny, is Adam went into the Church parking lot yesterday and spun a few donuts as well! Men. What can you do with them? ;)

the little Vinings ; ) said...

Wow it looks beautiful! I miss the snow, I can't wait to live in it again!

The Galloway Clan said...

It's times like these that make me miss Vegas. But once it's summer and the temps out there are in the 100's, I don't miss it so much. That's when I enjoy the So. California living.